1906~ A Day in the Life of Velocity Circus

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hello all
Well, i'm back for another day of my internship here at Velocity Circus.
Frankly i'm not much of a blogger, so if you would forgive me if my writting isn't of the conformed blogging style, i'm sure if you would just bear with me for a few more posts, in time i'll get the hang of it. I soubt that there are many jobs, where the first thing you do when you get to work is ramble on about whatever you want. For a first job, this isn't too shabby. But really it's a fantastic enviornment for someone interested in the arts. There is art on every wall, every ceiling, every floor of the house. My eyes are still dazzled from the vibrance of this place (even though i've already been here for a few days now)
So, as an intern my job is to do things that my boss doesn't really have time to do. For example, getting more contacts, write personalized letters to those contacts (both of which i did yesterday). In any other place i would probebly find these jobs boring, but because it's here, where i've got someone working on film to my right, and someone else dealing with the customers and emplyees on my left, i really get a sense of how to mix business with art. i'm so releived that i was able to work in a place like this for my first job and not in a flourescent grey office space, which works for some people but, is hell for others. Here in every room there's a different theme, no one is doing the same two things, i'm hearing different languages echo throughout the house. i've really been in no place like this.
well... i should probebly get to work now, and i will get back to you all tomrrow
till then

By Tara Bayat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home