1906~ A Day in the Life of Velocity Circus

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Moments in the office today:
Gregangelo: "Okay Hiromi I need you to find a remix of "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin and Hossam Ramzy. Karen did you find the passages about the flying spaceships in the Egyptian Literature book? Isn't that amazing? Yeah, flying UFOs, still makes perfect sense today. Okay. Bye."
. . . .
Jeffrey: "So we're doing an Irish-themed event, ancient to contemporary."
Me: "Ohmygod, I know EXACTLY what we should do! Let me get my book of Celtic Tales!" (I'm a nerd, have you noticed?)
Jeffrey: Yeah, so we're going to start with the Narnia theme. We'll have a celtic-knot labyrinth with the usual trolls, nymphs, and satyrs, and then you know, the big battle will break out--"
Me: "GREAT! The Irish Hero Tales and the entire Ulster Cycle is full of passages about combat! Have Lee Morrison play CuChulainn, the Hero of the Tain! There will be a battle between the gods of the Sid and the mortal heros. In the Otherworld, you know? The spirit world!"
Jeffrey:"I love it! Okay, so we'll propose three segments: the battle, and the other three--"
Me: "Already know what to do. Just lemme get my Celtic Literature book. I'll write a synopsis."

. . . . .

Gregangelo: "Can you come to rehearsals tonight, Karen? We need you to play a cloaked person. Kinda dramatic, but make it funny. "
Jeffrey: "Olivia's gonna pull out a knife."
Gregangelo: "Yeah, we don't want people to get too serious. We want them to laugh."
Me: "Okay. Sure. I'll be there."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home