1906~ A Day in the Life of Velocity Circus

Thursday, February 28, 2008


It is Thursday morning and I woke up to a rerun of the 70's TV game show "The Newlyweds". I wonder if the couples on the show are still together? My body is a bit sore from an extensive bike ride yesterday morning, I rode down to the ocean at 7am and watched the waves beat against the rocks near the cliff house. Sometimes the body screams to release the mind from active duty and my good ole bicycle was in the right place to trip upon in the morning! Rather than scream at my pain, I had a big "AHA" this is how the day will begin!
Yesterday I called Hiromi our filmaker and told her not to come in. Gregangelo and I planned to leave early to take a break from the pace and drive to Marin for dinner and then a Doug Motel's one man show at a barn in Cotati. Wednesday's we try to relax a little and breathe deep. So much for plans, the phones began to ring, our electrican shows up to rewire the hallway for a new art instillation, Karen arrives, and before you know it it is 4:30pm. The previous day we were exhibiting at a MPI conference, which was a success and met a great group of planners and caught up with acquaintainces in the industry. Bettina Devin my associate in development was quite the attraction as you can see in the photo, and given the nature of the conference we thought we would brighten up our corner with the color orange.

Today is a promising day, there is a lot of inquiry coming in from the Arizona markets and a potential event where we can have our aritist scale off of a new building opening. It seems the Napa-Sonoma market is starting to move forward as well.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home